How to wear floral prints without looking like your grandmother's couch:
- choose a print that fits your stature: don't wear gigantic poppies if you're 5'2'' or mini-rosettes if you're 6'
- select a print in a modern color palette
- cut and proportion are key: classically cut pencil skirts or structured sweaters look more sophisticated than flowy bohemian pieces
- only wear one floral item at a time
- if you're apprehensive of floral prints, play with floral-inspired accessories like ballet flats or scarves or jewelryall looks from JCrew