4.20.2010

Ode to Monsieur Eiffel

I have a theory: the first foreign country you visit as a young person becomes "your country" and the subject of lifelong fascination. For me, obviously, that country was France.

Other destinations have no doubt captured my imagination and satisfied my soul, but France is the place where my mind wanders in my daydreams.

While I have tried to avoid becoming an Eiffel Tower fanatic with a tower shower curtain or tower t-shirts, I do tend to punctuate my home with a tower here and there to remind me of my city of lights.


Images from around my apartment
:And, it would appear that I am not the only one affected by this Eiffel-mania:

Last three images borrowed from
HouseBeautiful, ApartmentTherapy & HomesAndGarden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails