The hubby has been having a rough week at work. So, this evening, I tried, best I could, to whisk him away to the Riviera Maya for dinner. I played some relaxing tunes, poured him a cold cerveza, and for dinner, I pulled together some tropical tilipia tacos.
- 1 tilipia fillet per person
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Old Bay seasoning (or blackening seasoning)
- White corn tortillas
- 1 green mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 bag of cole slaw mix (cabbage, carrots, red cabbage)
- l large can of crushed pineapple, drained of juice
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 jalapeno diced small
For the slaw:
Mix cabbage with drained pineapple, mayo and jalapeno. Salt and pepper to taste. Chill.
For the fish:Heat vegetable oil in a sauté pan. Coat fish with Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper, and lime juice. Cook until flaky.
Cut mango into thin strips. Prepare avocado in slices.
Warm tortillas in a 350 degree oven for 3-5 minutes.
Fill 2 tortillas (back to back) with fish, pineapple slaw, mango and avocado. Serve with black beans.