3.08.2011

Dinner Time: Taco Tuesday

I've been craving a margarita like mad. But since I will be abstaining until this summer when the wee one arrives, I will satiate my Tex-Mex hunger with tacos this Tuesday.
A taco bar is an easy way to let each member of your household assemble his or her own favorite combination.  Tonight I combined 1 large yellow onion, 5 mini-bell peppers, cumin (2 tablespoons), chili pepper (2 tablespoons), oregano (2 teaspoons), minced garlic (3 cloves), ground beef and black beans (1 can) in my sauté pan. Add 1 cup of your favorite salsa if you like a more "tomatoey" meat mixture. 


Toppings of cheese, avocado, lettuce, salsa and sour cream completed the taco fiesta.  

If you're making soft tacos, don't forget to warm your tortillas in a 350 degree oven for 3-5 minutes to enhance the flour or corn flavor and make the tortillas more malleable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails