When life gives you lemons, make lemon bars! Usually lemon desserts are not at the top of my must-indulge list. But today, I felt the need for the sweet, tart gooeyness that only a lemon bar can provide. I adapted a classic (and easy!) lemon bar recipe to have a tropical twist.
|This plate says, "What can you do with a lemon?" |
How "parfait" for my new lemon bar recipe!
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1/2 cup of white sugar + 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (toasted if you please)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- zest of one lemon and one lime