3.09.2010

Paris in the Springtime


As you might imagine from my nom de guerre in the blogging world, Pink Frenchie, I am enamored of all things français. Every few months (let's face it, every few minutes), I dream up my next trip to Paris. One of the great pleasures of working in academia is a schedule punctuated with many breaks. Next week is spring break at my college. So, for the last couple of weeks, I've been checking kayak and yahoo and gotoday for specials to my beloved and enchanting city of lights. Only trouble is that I've yet to find a travel buddy to accompany me. The hubby is over-committed at work. The parents are unable to get away. I don't have many twenty-something friends who can fly to Paris on a whim. Perhaps, I might just be so bold to go it alone.

I am daydreaming about what it might be like to venture through my city all alone. I actually imagine it would be quite refreshing to see what I want to see... to spend hours languidly staring at a David painting in the Louvre, to sip my molten chocolat chaud at Angélina's for as long as I fancy, or to scour les bouquinistes along the Seine for vintage Vogue magazines.

We shall see...perhaps next week at this time, I'll be sitting out front a café in the Marais, scarf wrapped around my neck, enjoying a café crème and my new-found traveling companions: moi, moi-même, et je.

image borrowed from: http://moodboard.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/07/angelinas-hot-chocolate.html

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you ever need a travel buddy to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes m'am!!! Also, I was just telling S, that one Christmas, we must go to Vienna so y'all can show us your city (and the Christmas markets!!!).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails