5.19.2010

Love Stories

I'm guessing most Jane Austen purists would choose the 6-part BBC Pride and Prejudice as their preferred depiction of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy. I, however, was quite taken by the 2005 version starring Keira Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen.

While the BBC actors may have captured their characters flawlessly (especially Colin Firth as Darcy), what captivated me in the more recent version was the cinematography and music. I distinctly recall being spellbound and breathless seeing Mr. Darcy walking over the dewy field to confess his admiration for Elizabeth:


“In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." Mr. Darcy
What movies take your breath away?

3 comments:

  1. i love the 2005 version! & i agree, the cinematography and music completely pull you into the story. ah, it is so magical... one of my most favorite movies ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The British film that I love and have watched time and time again is Four Weddings and a Funeral. The other day, I watched the film with the script in hand. What Hugh Grant can do with a throwaway line is genius!

    I also like Bridget Jones with Colin Firth as Mark Darcy. Bridget is infatuated with Colin Firth in Pride and Prejudice and when she interviews him, she keeps asking him about the scene in the pond with the wet shirt. A nice touch that in the film, Bridget falls in love with her "Darcy."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails