5.22.2010

Seeing Shells: Beachy Lighting

Even though my overall design aesthetic is funky vintage French, I always have beachy details in my rooms. Whether a stray seashell or starfish, having seaside objects nearby makes me feel relaxed and give my spaces a casual attitude.

One of my favorite natural design materials are capiz shells. Lately, I've been crushing on a capiz chandelier. I adore the way the light softly diffuses through individual opalescent shells. Having the layered effect of a more traditional crystal chandelier, these options offer an elegant and fresh alternative.

Images borrowed from BrookeGianetti,DesignsByHemingway, WestElmViaBelleMaison,247Reno & WestElmViaChicFreak.

1 comment:

  1. I love beachy details too! I like blue & white accents because they remind me of the sea.

    ♥ Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails