These yummy blueberry banana muffins are the recent favorites around here.
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 banana, diced small
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- Sift dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and oil.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and pour in liquid ingredients, mixing quickly.
- Fold in blueberries, lemon zest and banana.
- Use a standard size ice cream scoop to place batter into greased muffin cups and bake till golden brown.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 -30 minutes.