Well technically, it's just a margarita made with pink grapefruit juice. But somewhere along the line, I heard this cocktail called a Paloma. That is so much lovelier. And when ordering cocktails, it's all in the name, right? One could not possibly sound elegant ordering a "Sex on the Beach" or "Zombie" from the barkeep. Let's stick to "Manhattans" and "Old Fashioneds" and now, introducing the classiest tequila-gal on the block: the "Paloma."
Just a touch more complex than your usual lime margarita, the Paloma is tart and sweet AND a pale, sweet hue of pink. (If you want a pinker Paloma, a touch of grenadine will do the trick!)
- 2 parts of silver tequila
- 1 part of Cointreau
- juice of half pink grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon of agave syrup
- club soda
- kosher salt
1. Rim the edge of glass with grapefruit juice and dip in salt.
2. Fill with ice.
3. In cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Cointreau, grapefruit juice and agave and shake with ice.
4. Serve on the rocks with salt. Top off with a splash of club soda. Add a thin quarter of grapefruit to your libation.
5. Sip slowwwllly. Relax, preferably somewhere you can hear the ocean.