Caramelized Onion and Pancetta Tart
- 1 pie crust, baked & cooled
- 2 yellow onions
- 1/2 cup of diced pancetta
- 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan
- 6 asparagus
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add pancetta to saute pan and cook until fat renders.
- Cook onions with pancetta. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until slightly caramelized, add garlic near the end of the cooking process. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs with cream and Parmesan.
- Pour onion mixture into baked and cooled pie crust (in tart pan). Cover with egg mixture.
- Arrange top with asparagus and tomatoes (or other of your favorite veggies).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the filling is set and puffed.