2.18.2014

Bonjour, again...

"I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition." -Martha Washington

Well, it would appear I took a year off!  I didn't really plan to stop writing.  I wasn't in want of recipes to share nor flowers to arrange nor adventures to detail, but I simply lost some steam and became focused on family and work.  And a year passed by in a blink.


Now, we've moved to a new state, my work has been whittled down significantly and my daughter has finally reached an age where she can play independently.  Suffice it to say, now I NEED to write again.

So, here goes.  Even if no one reads.  Even if I forget write from time to time.  I need to remind myself about all of the delightful joys in my life.  For five weeks now (or approximately the same amount of time since we moved from Orange County to Houston), I have allowed myself to remain in an epic funk.  

After reflecting on Martha Washington's words above, I must change my disposition.  The way I shall bring cheer back into my world is by choosing each day to focus on what makes me happy and by sharing that joy with you.  So, here's to good books and fine wine, delicious meals and lovely flowers, fabulous friends and life's little pleasures!  Here's to the return of Pink Frenchie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails